Assuring Project Timetables are kept on Schedule
In today’s international marketplace, it is typical to find engineered equipment, for a single project, being supplied by multiple manufacturers in various countries. The coordination and facilitation of global expediting activities requires a firm with a unique international network. Bureau Veritas is comprised of over 700 offices globally and can provide expeditors at various locations. All of our
Expediters follow the same established procedures, whereby, no matter the geographic location, our clientele can expect a uniform level of service.
What is Expediting?
Expediting is one of the major activities contributing to the successful execution of major projects; it enables the site construction work to proceed as scheduled and helps to minimize delays and costly product deficiency issues. Expediting requires detailed and quantified analysis of causes and effects throughout the critical path of fabrication of a given piece of equipment, from ordering to delivery. This includes: Order status; Inventory of equipment in stock; Design verifications; Progress in Manufacturing, Testing, Packing, Shipment and Delivery. Bureau Veritas’ expeditors are onsite to monitor and follow-up on the progress of various critical path tasks.
They are there to provide visibility to and assurance of normal progress of fabrication. We provide details clarifying that critical path tasks are being achieved in line with the forecasts as well as minimizing the risk of unexpected or undesirable delays which might impact project deadlines.
What are the key benefits?
- Minimize unexpected or undesirable delays
- Minimize costly product deficiency issues
- Third Party inspection results assure for independent, un-biased results.
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS ?
Recognition - Founded in 1828, Bureau Veritas is the worldwide leader specialized in QHSE&SA services. Certified to ISO 9001 for all of its activities throughout the world, the company has earned a large number of accreditations and notifications.
Knowledge and Expertise - Our qualified local teams are familiar with monitoring and analyzing causes and effects throughout the critical path of fabrication. Our expeditors are experienced utilizing specification criteria defined by API, AWWA, AWS, ASTM, ASME, ANSI, IEEE and client project documentation.
Network - With more than 39,000 employees in 900 offices and laboratories covering 140 countries, Bureau Veritas is able to act quickly on its clients' behalf anywhere in the world.
Online Reporting Services - Our exclusive password secured extranet, BVNet enables clients to monitor progress of their shop inspections worldwide. BVNet facilitates follow-up, speeds reporting, and can be customized to specific client needs.
Expediting enhances the performance and successful execution of purchase contracts, covering an unlimited scope of materials and services. It improves communication, assists in the avoidance of vendor originated material, and production delays, and serves as one of the best quality assurance methods of keeping construction projects on schedule and within costs. Bureau Veritas’ prime objective is to have the delivery occur at the due date and in compliance with our Client’s specifications.
Bureau Veritas’ Expeditors visit manufacturing plants to ascertain and confirm the pre-manufacturing, manufacturing and post-manufacturing activities through interviews and visual examination. Our Expeditors evaluate the actual progress against the scheduled manufacturing progress, which is provided by the vendor at the manufacturing plant. They utilize their experience to determine when tasks must be escalated and offer solutions on how to maintain the scheduled delivery.
Our Expeditor visits are generally made to coincide with the milestone activities to assure completion is in line with the production plan. Bureau Veritas’ Expeditor provides information and is as transparent as possible to our clients, providing real-time fabrication data which includes the following:
Verify that purchasing specifications have been properly understood and applied on-site.
- Collecting and reporting directions for visits to the supplier at a defined frequency (from client supplied documents).
- Assuring the supplier’s commitment to maintaining the proper level of effort to meet the established production program targets and schedule. Verifying all required steps in the work process / schedule are completed prior to items shipped.
Identify difficulties or issues which may affect the time delivery of the client’s products.
- Assuring that any delivery slippage or production performance related problems are raised at the appropriate level in the suppliers’ works.
- Anticipating delivery problems and reporting accordingly, proposing actions required to prevent problem occurring. Reporting remedial actions required to recover production program slippage.
Facilitate communication between client and suppliers.
- Verifying and communicating the achievement of progress claimed by the supplier.
- Advising of any serious problems or delays anticipated or encountered during visits.
- Verifying that expediting reports are written for each purchase order or sub-order on each supplier that are visited and forwarded to the client for verification and approval prior to shipment of any items.
Who are your typical clients?
Our clients come from various sectors of the market such as: Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Water / Wastewater, Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals and other markets.